The William Hogarth School opened in October 2001 and is sited in the building of the old Hogarth Primary School. Eager not to lose any connections with Hogarth, famous Chiswick resident, artist and philanthropist, we have reflected the link in our school logo, a paint palette, and naming each of our classes after famous painters. They are also recognised in the art work of the school and the value put on artistic and creative activities. The school is a community school and is committed to working in partnership with all members of the community.
The school is a bright, spacious building with two large halls and ongoing programme of work to meet the needs of our growing school community. It has a large and well equipped stock of ICT equipment, with enough computers for a whole class to work on their computer skills together. The school has a purpose built art room which was donated by the artist Sir Peter Blake and designed by his wife Chrissie. A library is available for the children to borrow books. There are two playgrounds featuring an adventure climbing frame, playground seating, a ball court for team games and a wildlife and conservation area.
Vision & Aims
We are an inspiring learning community with high expectations, where all feel safe and happy and everybody has the opportunity to unlock and realise their potential.
- provide a happy, stimulating and safe environment
- create an attractive, well-resourced environment where diversity is valued and respected
- value every child and cater for their individual needs in a nurturing way
- promote co-operation and respect for each other
- equip all pupils with the skills necessary to promote independence, self-discipline and confidence
- have high expectations of all our school community and so promote high standards
- ensure all pupils have access to a broad and balanced curriculum
- track and monitor each child’s academic progress to ensure maximum academic achievement
- involve parents fully in all aspects of their children’s education
- work together with the whole community to build on our achievements
Stonewall School Champions
We are delighted to say that The William Hogarth School has become a Stonewall School Champion, joining a network of primary and secondary schools across the country working together and with Stonewall to tackle homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying.
If you would like any advice you can contact them on 08000502020 or email email@example.com